Archive

12.17.2004

Minnesoota Wedding Part II

I'm heading north. In 4 hours I leave for Backus Minnesota, you may know Backus for it's famous welcome sign "population 50 -- a trail runs through it". At least they tried. Yep, the Paul Bunyan state trail does run through it. But that's not all, you may want to head down to the meat locker, for meat...and an odious stench. You can pick up yer lotto tickets, cigs and Bud while yer there too eh. But, just ignore me, I'm tired, cranky and extra sarcastic right now. I love it there, it's beautiful country up there, especially during the winter when there isn't a hoard of mosquitos out for blood.
I'll be taking the great journey once again for the second wedding in the Broom cousins trilogy. And if I make it back safely I'll have a nice big story and oodles of photos.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:47 AM

    The town Backus is a great place. We have lots of things to do. We are a small town but lots of things to do here. The Backus Locker is a great place. The owners are great people and they are also my Grandparents. There are also other places in Backus like Salty Dog, Corner Store, Godfrey's. So think about what you wrote and you have never been here as what I was told so THINK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you telling me this? I'm not with the Minnesota travel bureau...I'm sure I haven't caused a radical decrease in Backus tourism or anything.
    p.s. and just because you named three more convenience stores doesn't mean that there's a lot to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:14 PM

    "So think about what you wrote and you have never been here as what I was told so THINK."

    -So think about when you are writing a sentence and try to construct it in a proper fashion so THINK.

    ReplyDelete