Archive

4.11.2005

Tetris: The Eternal Obsession

One of my few memories of childhood involves Tetris. I remember my sister and I were being babysat by our usual favorite babysitter, Kelly I think her name was. It was like 8 o'clock, which for me was really late and we were playing Tetris, which she rented for us. I just remember sitting there in the dark living room watching these glorious shapes and colors move down the television screen. It changed my life forever.
Why do I still love this game? Because I have mild OCD and it's the perfect therapy. Placing shapes into their corresponding place eases the tention in my brain. It's like a smoker getting their fix, it relaxes obsessions.
And the music, aaaaaaaagh I love the music! I think it's part of the reason I like wierd cerebral mood music now. Who knows.


"Wallstreet Kid"the videogame for kids who didn't like puzzles, action or sports....
...BAHAHAHAAaa, oooohhh, yep, reeeally sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment