Archive

6.15.2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of you dads who read this insanely popular blog. I hope that you have a wonderful day filled with hot dogs and new ties. In particular, I would like to reflect upon some of my favorite memories of my dad who is the reason that Brett, Alex, and I are such...interesting...people.

Dad, I really enjoyed that motorcycle ride through the mountains of Tennessee without a helmet when I was three. And the picture of Brett and I sitting on top of a very unstable looking rock on a cliff is priceless. Thanks, dad, for helping us build a fort out of jaggedy old pieces of paneling that we found in a shed. Honestly, when I think back, I feel that Brett and I are very lucky not to be in foster care. But really, I do have to give my dad a lot of credit for things like our interest in music. He bought Brett his first guitar and which Brett used to preform under the stagename of "Larry Newton."

2 comments:

  1. I heard Larry's in rehab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that this actually posted...

    I didn't even finish it before the internet at mom and dad's started acting crazy. Oops...

    ReplyDelete