Archive

6.07.2008

R.E.M

R.E.M at the United Center! Wonderful show last night from the band who played with a lot of energy and, to my surprise, the new material is actually quite good. One of the things that really stuck out to me was Michael Stipe's stage presence. I've seen some charismatic performers before but none of them really come close to his stage persona. The guy made the United Center feel like a small room, that he was playing for just you and some friends, it was pretty amazing. Yep, well, the highlights of the show for me were probably Orange Crush and (I think) a new song called "I Wanna DJ" (I think).






I'd also like to give a shoutout to my new friend Barry who lives behind the Church's chicken next to Malcolm X College...for a brief moment in my life I truly understood the meaning of Arrested Development's Mr. Wendal...except with an added verse about the government poisoning the Chicago river and tapping our phones. If you ever see him tell him Steven King sent ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment