Archive

1.01.2003

Watson the Wombat

My dog Watson is starting to get very very old... The old shnauzer also known as "the wombat" has been in our family for ages and ages, he's like part Grandpa, part brother, part slave but he's always just sort of been there to talk to. That's what I like about him and most pets, they just sit there and stare, not really listening but that's why it's a good thing. They don't know what you're saying so they can't tell your secrets or judge you. We got Watson in California back in 1994 and even then he wasn't a puppy. He's starting to lose his vision and hearing and part of me thinks he's faking it, or just ignoring me. That's always been his attitude. He's a caring dog, yet I just know he purposefully does stuff just to get me PO'd. But now that he's getting old I take it easy on the yelling, giving him the occasional laugh when he runs into something on accident or sits there when I call him from 10 feet away. He used to always follow me around constantly but nowadays his bowels are fragile so he spends his days in retirement on the back porch. He's lived a full rich doggy life going on about 84 in dog years. I'm not sure what the point of this story is, I guess it's just an ode to an easy going dog who has always been a stable fixture of the Warren family.

No comments:

Post a Comment