Archive

10.04.2004

Secret Fad Confessions

I've been feeling little guilty lately. I always like to try and pretend like I'm immune to any pop culture or fashion trends but it's all a lie, a cheap and filthy facade. I have fallen for at least two fads, both of which I will confess now...
I purchased many Beanie Babies, I secretly desired them all. I wanted the blue jay one, I spent more than 50 dollars on them which is just ridiculous. I went loco and virtually rabid with excitement when I found the Princess Diana beanie. I still have three of them on display in my room but at least took a step toward recovery and ripped the tags off. The worst part is that I never really liked the toy itself, I thought that somehow these pieces of fabric stuffed with polyurethane would somehow someday be worth money. My aunt learned the hard way, she bought thousands of these things and is still recovering. I managed to escape with most of my cash and am writing inspirational blogs all over the internet.
the other...

I wore hawaiian shirts. I wore them and I thought they were cool. I was a jackass and I looked like one too. But...

at least I didn't wear sweater vests.


There is one other, kind of, I was part of the old man/Velcro shoe fad, but that doesn't really count since I basically started it.

No comments:

Post a Comment