Archive

12.28.2004

I'm Not Quite Dead Yet!

Yeah I don’t know what's going on right now. I wake up, I eat, I go back to sleep. Until something different occurs, my writing is going to suck. But! I did drop off my film at Wal-Mart today, so I should be posting those soon. AND I've been breaking in my new EZ Striders. I think the quality of child labor in Malaysia has definitely improved. Usually it takes me only about a couple days to break em in. They're STILL not broken in. So I just want to say thanks to the low wage workers who made my shoe, they allow me to maintain my 'old man/cool nerd' look for only 9.99!
I also purchased 'The Office' collection box set thing, great show. Ricky Gervais is a comic genius. If you've never seen the show I highly recommend it, although some people don't 'get' British type humor, it's not slapstick, witty punch line type American sitcom humor, which usually sucks bad. You really have to wait for the payoff. You might end up saying "this isn't funny, put in Tommy Boy", like some people I know, who's taste in comedy is impeccable.
Yeah well I bought the DVD set at Best Buy and when I brought it home I opened it up and noticed there was this weird calcium deposit powder looking crap on the first disc. It really wasn't much but because my obsessive compulsiveness flares up every now and again it drove me insane. I tried cleaning it but I basically made it worse since it's impossible to clean a disc. So I tried taking it back but I guess I purchased the last one. Now I sit and twiddle my thumbs in angst because I'm crazy. I can't sleep until I get a flawless copy. OCD rules!

I was watching the internet today and I saw a poster for some
artsy Chinese karate film coming out called "House of Flying Daggers". It had a quote from a review on it that said "Absolutely spellbinding" and it made me realize tha I don't know what the crap spellbinding even means. But then a little while later I found an old VHS tape of Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin. It had a review from Michael Medved on the cover, "consistently dazzling, ingenious, breathtaking". That was even more confusing, especially coming from the semi-respectable Michael Medved. Yes, the movie is dazzling, it has lots of sparkly candy visuals. Ingenious? Sure, I never would have thought it possible to so brutally ravage the Batman mythos. Breathtaking, yes. The movie does make me hyperventilate. But consistantly?! Heck no.

No comments:

Post a Comment