Archive

12.10.2004

Watson the Schnauzer 1993-2004

Well, Ol' Watson's lumps finally became too much. Today the dog I've known for ten years took the long train to doggy heaven via the vet. He was always a good natured creature who carried with him a certain quiet dignity, an unspoken opinion, of which he seemed to have for everything. He always cared for me and my family, especially when he was a bit more "spry" he made it his job to be my "guardian" of sorts. When my cousins would try to hit me, even just playing, he would jump up and get em to back off. As the years passed his loyalty decreased very little. Besides his lumps and the time he jumped out the car window, he was always a fairly energetic guy. Only toward the latter part of this year did his vision and hearing start to go and only in the last couple weeks did his energy begin to decline rapidly. I loved him a lot, every memory of being at home has Watson somehow attached to it. It's just going to be strange going on without seeing him lying around somewhere or not having to take him for a walk.
I'll always appreciate him. Whenever I head for that next adventure, whatever it may be, I'll still always hear him reluctantly but agreeably growl. As if to say "ughmmm. Alright, let's go".

So this is dedicated to the great Schnauzer, Watson. AKA "The Wombat" AKA "Mascot"

No comments:

Post a Comment