Archive

1.30.2005

Mario Bros 2: Bizarro Land

I haven't really been doing anything but eating the past few days so I don't have much to write. BUT something amazing did happen just a few minutes ago, my #11 news years resolution and #155 on my to do lists have been semi-completed! I actually got past the first level of Mario Bros 2. Amazingly enough I've never even seen what the rest of the game looks like, probably because I inevitably become too freaked out to continue. Now I only have to get past world 8 of the first Mario Bros and actually play Super Mario World. At least I've gotten to the last level of Mario Bros 3, a long long time ago, and that's only because of the flute trick thing.Speaking of stoner games...here's another you might want to try, Little Nemo's Adventures in Slumberland...
There's a strange story that ties these two games together, for me at least. I was between the ages of 6 and 12 and was visiting my great uncle in Tennessee. In one of the spare bedrooms which was decorated in dark faux wood paneling, dark wood furniture and puke green shag carpeting, there was a Nintendo and two games; Mario Bros 2 and Little Nemo. I had only seen brief glimpses of Mario 2 here and there because I didn't own it and neither did any of my friends, so after a night of playing these, my unprepared little mind was completely blown.
*game (and life) tip* don't buy shrooms from "that guy"

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:21 PM

    In a recent e-mail, Clint Brags...

    Not to brag, my young friend; however, I can beat the first Super Mario Brothers in under five minutes using all of the warps.
    Super Mario 2 might take about a half an hour if I could remember where the warps are at. Mario games usually keep me enthralled until I complete them though.
    I really am starting to feel a craving for Mario 2 now. I don't know what's so exciting about throwing vegetables down King Wart's mouth.

    ReplyDelete