Archive

2.07.2005

Deceit!

Man, I just hate it. It's everywhere I go, no matter what. We cannot escape it. Yes, even I am a part of it. It has clung to me like oatmeal. Deception and lies are here to stay.
It was just another normal day but instead of going back to my prison cell after classes I decided to be daring and took a trip to the CHC bookstore. Ah , the smell of fresh coffee, people smiling and food in abundance, or so I thought. I took my time weaving about the aisles taking it all in. The countless books by Dr. Jeremiah that have never been sold, CHC embroidered clothes that my grandma wouldn't even buy, and too many people. And then, I spotted it. All alone on the bottom shelf stood one lone pack of pop tarts in the box. It was precious. I was craving the chocolately filling and colorful swirled frosting. I snuck up to it, not daring to give away my true feelings, I grabbed it nonchalantly. Ah the rest of my day was going to be perfect. I dreamed about how it would taste on the long walk up to my room. I sat down in my desk chair and peeled away the package. And then, I couldn't believe it. My pop tarts weren't chocolate and didn't have colorful frosting. I almost jumped out my window. They had tricked a poor college student into buying a stale, brown sugar and maple pastry. At a public school this would be acceptable but since this is a Christian college they should be ashamed of themselves. I condemns this whole heartedly and will do everything in my power to ammend it.

2 comments:

  1. You stole pop tarts from your school bookstore?
    so uh, were they actually "Pop Tarts" or were they generic "Sam's Choice Toaster Pastries"?

    ReplyDelete