Archive

2.19.2005

Goodwill, Badparking, Enormousprofits.

Today, Tom (my visiting cousin) and I decided to venture over to the local Goodwill thrift store. We wanted to stock up on some puffy jackets and other assorted items...
Obstacle number one: The Parking Lot.
We pulled into the parking lot, which consists of two dead end, heavily pot-holed rows, each with enough spaces for maybe 5 or 6 cars. The best part is if you pull into the parking lot without a space immediately available, you're screwed. The parking lot is like Tetris, I can even hear the quirky, panic inducing "music - 2" playing in my mind as I try to perform some difficult maneuver around a conversion van that's blocking everyone while waiting for a spot.
Solution: Park in the spaces by the nearby apartments! Cue the soft and hypnotic Tetris "Music - 3",

So we begin browsing, heading first over to the rows of puffy sailor vests and nylon school jackets. There we found the greatest vest ever made, it was beatiful, not greasy like the others, it was a gray sailor vest like Marty Mcfly's but with more pockets to store your spy gear. There's nothing that was going to part me from this vest! I would wear this to the day I die...FIVE DOLLARS!? That's insane, there is no way I'm spending a whole five dollar bill at this place, pssssh. Chances are I was probably the one who donated this vest in the first place, I changed my mind, I'm just taking it back.
Next. Yes! There's some tacky early 90's home decor. It all has such a strange look to it, I think that once Charles in Charge was cancelled the studio donated the set to this particular Goodwill.
Oh yes, let's go look for some awesome hats...uh, what's the deal?! All the hats are gone. They used to have all these great fedoras and trucker hats with filthy sayings. There must be an influx of British in town.
Well the experience was a complete disaster. So instead we headed to our grandparents basement, which is like Goodwill, except free. There, Tom found a pair of extra huge aviator sunglasses and I found an extra huge "Trent sport" polo shirt, which I eventually hope to grow in to. We also found a treasure trove of Claire’s merchandise, lots of girly trinkets. Bracelets, necklaces, etc. The greatest find of the night was the watch ring that Tom is now the proud owner of, it is truly a beautiful piece of bling. Word, he doesn't even have to look at his wrist for the time anymore, just his finger. Just think of what he can do with that on his middle finger, it's like yo, I don't have "time" for your idiocy, flip.
Yep, that's all.

I finally got around to watching Donnie Darko this weekend. I had always heard good things about it but in my mind had thought it would be like the Spawn movie or something. What a surprise, it was fantastic, easily one of favorite films now. So, see it if you haven't. Lots of great humor, suspense and trippyness.

ariva dache!

1 comment:

  1. Goodwill is practically an empire, they can afford a parking lot made of gold and silver.

    ReplyDelete