Archive

2.16.2005

We're Jammin'...

and I hope this jammins gonna last...

Yeah, every is so incredibly boring right now. I wake up, go to school, eat, go back to school then sleep. It's like groundhog day except I'm not rich or famous like Bill Murray. And there are still consequences, I don't get to wake up with a clean slate. Even if there weren't any consequences, I still probably couldn't think of anything fun to do.
So I was driving home from class and was behind about three or four cars, we all pass a cop car, then all the other cars proceed to go 10 under the speed limit, because people are extremely paranoid around cops. The fuzz pulls out of the "sooooo convenient" parking lot and I knew that I'd eventually get pulled over for something. For the past couple weeks it seems like I've been thinking and hearing about getting pulled over. Two of my friends have gotten tickets in the past two weeks. So the officer is following me closely for about a mile and a half and I'm cruisin' listenin' to some DMB, going exactly the speed limit and starting to get peeved that he won't pass me.
Ok, what's going on? Sweet, there they are, flashing lights, he chose me!
So a million scenarios run through my head before he gets out to come talk to me. Oh crap, maybe I was driving too carefully and he thinks I'm under the influence! Wait, was I obstructing traffic? Is my tail light out? Crap.
Yeah, I sorta flipped out, not too badly though, but for some reason I've been expecting to be pulled over for a while now, but what the heck did I do?! So as he's walking up to my window I roll it down and ask "what am I being pulled over for?" before he even says anything.
Popo: "your license is expired"
Bretto: "This is my father's car."
Popo: "Well...something-something-something...you can either pay the 75 dollar fine now or lose your license"
Bretto: pointing to my license which he's holding, "just take that."

So he goes back to his car to do whatever they do, and then another female cop comes to assist, because things could easily get out of hand, I'm dangerous. While the first cop is doing paperwork she stood by the rear of my car. I sat, jamming to dmb, trying not to look guilty or suspicious. Then the lady officer taps on my passenger window with her flashlight, at first I reach for the switch to roll down the passenger window but then I stop and I freak out, oh crap I've seen this on cops, she's distracting me on the right so the swat team can move in on my left! Oh man, what did I do? I bet they've mistaken me for some bad person, wait, are there any warrants on me I'm not aware of?!
Then I look to my left and see there he comes, at this point I'm basically expecting him to ask me to step out of the car. So I unbuckle and open the door as he approaches, then I thought "Wait! Get back in the car idiot, he'll shoot you!" But alas, he's just bringing me my ticket, so I fumble to put my seat belt back on and close the door and then roll down the window to grab the ticket.
Popo: "have you ever had a ticket before mr. warren? something-something...court date....pay fine....or else there could be a warrant....something something"
Bretto: "yes, I've had a ticket. Ok, thank you."
Popo: "Have a nice night sir"

The End.

Anyhew, I learned a valuable lesson in how paranoid I am and how my extreme paranoia could eventually land me in a heap of trouble.
I also learned that the man is out to get everyone at all times.
Help me.
But no, really he was a nice officer, he made the usually very inconvenient event of recieving a ticket not nearly as crappy.
In a way the experience was sort of like Groundhog Day because this is all the fault of my dad for not putting the new stickers on the license plate! SO I'M BLAMELESS!
AAAAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment