Archive

5.11.2005

Hallooooooo!

Halleejaliaulala. Another semester of Heartland finished. One semester closer to escaping it's evil clutches. Why am I not done with Heartland yet? Because I wasn't wise enough to take the "College Success" class which would have prepared me for the trials of community college and which would have fulfilled one of the three electives I still need to take. Actually it's only a one credit hour class that foreign students and people trying to get their GED take.
This time of year is always interesting because most of my classes are wrapping up and the teachers stop teaching us anything new. It’s the “waiting for finals” days, which are aweful because you're not doing anything in class but you still have to wait until the next week to take your final.
I also gave my last speech today, and I'm REALLY glad that‘s finally over. I'm completely done with the world famous HCC english program. Yeah, that's right, Hooray.
The speech I gave was about how to write a song. I was worried about it all week because a) I haven't written a good song ever and b) because most people really DON'T want to write songs and yet in one part of the speech I say "I hear people say all the time 'we should write a song' but never do because they just don't know how!"
That's a total lie. No one wants to write song's, no one has time for it. And most people who try probably shouldn't, because they're talentless, there, I said it, ouch, burn.
I got a 44/50 on it which is fine with me, but the girl who went before me got the same score and all she did was talk extemporaneously about her mailroom job at country companies, so for 5 minutes we listened to her *&#$@ about how miserable it is. It makes me feel a little bit bad, I mean, either the teacher thought her rant about mailroom duties was exciting or she no frickin idea what I was talking about...which is understandable, because I had no idea what I was talking about. Eh.

Last night I was sitting on the couch watching a movie and was waiting for something to download on the computer. I noticed it was finished and then got unusually excited and hopped over the couch, which is odd because I never do that. I had my left arm on the back part and started to hop over. On my way over the couch I guess I didn’t jump high enough because I smashed my left foot straight into the hard back portion of the couch. I then went limp on the floor trying not to cry and thought for sure my toes were broken because I couldn't feel anything. Then the intense pain started to kick in which was a relief because I figured then they weren't broken. Anyway there’s no real point to this story, just don't hop over anything.

Sorry for the lack of excitement on this site lately, there just isn’t anything going on right now and my brain is drained. In the ye olden days of my geocities and freeservers sites this is about the time I would just quit doing the site. But I’m never going to quit here, the easy to use format of blogger keeps me from getting too burnt out. Hopefully the creative juices will start flowing again and this site will have some value and not just be my lame "what I did today" journal.
Til next time, ariva dache!

No comments:

Post a Comment