Archive

7.30.2005

The Peace Palace: Now Hiring!


He helped usher the Beatles into their 'Magical Mystery' phase, now THE FAMOUS Maharishi is bringing his eastern mysticism to the heart of conservatism, McLean county! My prediction...BIG SUCCESS.
I found this newspaper clipping lying at the bottom of my bedroom stairs, placed there by my dad who knows that I enjoy this kind of crap. After staring at it for a while I began to feel confused and frightened, in a distant, ambiguous way. The ad (as seen above from the daily Pantagraph) has an artist's rendition of the "peace palace" which says "to be built in Bloomington", ok, so they just want to spread the word and start making appointments, maybe get employees lined up.
I was curious as to how large this planned "peace palace" was going to be, so I browsed my way over to the PP web page. Was it going to be an actual palace? Was it going to look like a palace on the outside but only have like three rooms inside? Or perhaps it would be a tanning salon next to the Aeropostale at Eastland Mall. I needed to know, I needed answers, but the website told me nothing, but in telling me nothing it revealed the plans for a one world nation with the Maharishi as it's antichrist. There are no real pictures on the website, only a couple cheaply done 3-d images of non existent "peace palaces", some generic information about the programs offered and some other info for building developers. But then there's a link to an article called "Invincibility to Every Nation" which is nearly unreadable thanks to the lofty idealist jargon. The article keeps using the word "invincibility" in a way that makes me think that they were thinking that invincibility meant something else or that perhaps they meant to put in a different word, like, stability? Maybe? Anyway, the article goes on to talk about how world leaders and other government officials can come to Maharishi Vedic University in Holland to learn the art of Invincibility...I didn't know what I wanted to do with the rest of my life, not until this moment, I will be attending MVU in the fall.
I know, this is going nowhere, but stay with me...The sponsoring organization of all this "peace palace" and maharishi university stuff is the 'Global Country of World Peace"...
Google > search said organization > And here's their creedo if you want to decipher it, just for kicks..."
Welcome to the official Portal of the Global Country of World Peace, which enjoys a parental and nourishing role in the family of nations. In this scientific age we can create a Prevention-Oriented, Problem-Free Administration in any country through the application of the knowledge of total Natural Law—the Constitution of the Universe, which guides the infinite diversity of the ever-expanding universe with perfect order—discovered by the physical sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, etc.) and sung by all the religions of the world as the Will of God. With the full support of Total Natural Law the world can now enjoy a new world order of affluence and peace."
In the words of Val Kilmer's Bruce Wayne "it just raises too many questions", especially to discuss in non book form, but here's the mother of all riddles: Why does a sentence discussing religious unity mention the Will of God?
And finally, to end this long and pointless essay, here's a snippet from above quote which nicely illustrates why world unity scares the *#%! out of me..."
The global country of world peace enjoys a parental and nourishing role in the family of nation".
"World unity disquised as world unity is the most dangerous form of world unity" ~ Brett Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment