Archive

11.15.2005

"Phil Collins Says Genesis Reunion Possible"

UPDATE Here we go, I found another article from Rolling Stone which also quotes Peter as saying "the odds (of a Genesis reunion) are better now than before, we're going to have the conversation." Weellllll, sounds like the wheels are a turnin', maybe? Wow.
--------------------------------
"Phil Collins Says Genesis Reunion Possible"

Let me just start by saying that this is the most vague news article I've ever seen. Nevertheless, it gives me just enough glimmers of hope to make me want to jump out the window head first (out of sheer joy of course)...
Apparently Phil Collins, who is currently touring the mid east delighting arabs with such classic Disney favorites as "You'll be in my Heart" and "Sussudio", says "I'm open for it."

Holy crap! The interviewer asked him if a Genesis reunion is possible and HE DIDN'T SAY NO!!!! sdfksdhfksdmaaaB!!!!!!!

My current number one goal in life is to see Peter Gabriel in concert. Goal #132 on my list is to see Phil Collins, so what could possibly be better?! NOTHING!!! The only thing that could even come close would be seeing Sting deflate his ego for two seconds and reunite with the Police...

BUT, none of this is even going to happen. BUT, if it does, I will sell every possession I own and be right there in the front row to see Genesis the way they were always meant to be, with Peter. I would however enjoy seeing a few 80's Genesis favorites...and "in the air tonight"...and that Tarzan song.
Anyway, ergo, visa vi, I will be there (if it happens) bowing down at the majesty of art rock at it's artsy finest.

We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. ah, over on the official PG site, Tina from Tina's updates, has said that the rumors are nothing more than rumors

    "Genesis Reunion
    This has been the main topic of conversation recently and many of you have written in asking for the official word. I'm told that sadly, there is no truth in it; this rumour seems to come and go every few years and we think that this particular one has been fuelled by the fact that Phil, Peter and Steve Hackett have all been interviewed lately in connection with their solo careers and they are always asked about the Band. They all say the same thing; that they remain good friends and although there are no specific plans, they would not rule out the possibility at some time - although getting the five of them together would prove too hard given their various solo commitments."

    BUT, she doesn't address what Peter said in the rolling stone article about "we're going to have a conversation."

    hmmm.

    ReplyDelete