Archive

11.12.2005

30 Days of Hell...

UPDATE 11.27 - ok. I've failed, I just had Hardee's and I'm already regretting it. I had made it 16 days, pretty good. My health didn't improve in any noticeable way, however as the days went by I found myself actually being disgusted by the thought of fast food. I don't know what happened today though, I blacked out for a bit and when I came to I had a sack of Hardee's food. Then I blacked out again and when I woke up I had eaten it. I have no self control. Welp, that's the end of that I guess.
----------------------------------------
I've been inspired!
Hey everybody, I JUST got done watching the documentary "Super Size Me" for the first time and I must say I really enjoyed it. There were a lot more facts, arguments and startling evidence than I expected. Of course I, like most people, already knew that fast food crap is bad you, but I was never too concerned about it, I mean, it's a cheap lunch, it does the trick! I MUST HAVE IT!!! BUT, actually watching what this food was doing to Morgan's body was a lot different. Basically every terrible symptom he goes through is a little too close to how I feel currently living on my diet which consists of at least 50% fast food...
And so, I've decided to go THIRTY DAYS without eating at ANY fast food restaraunt and am also going to stop drinking soda...let the withdrawals begin...
Every few days I'll post to report how it's going, I'm sure this won't be that interesting but I AM sure that I'll feel much better but I think the major point of this is to see whether I can overcome the addiction of soda and fast food.
We'll see.
Goodbye Taco Bell, I still love you.

5 comments:

  1. word up! it's been about 3 1/2 days...I feel slightly better in my chest and neck area where I no longer feel the grease induced tension, BUT for the past couple days I've had a constant, light, throbby headache most likely caused by a lack of caffeine. Aren't I supposed to be feeling better? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, screw this, I need a dr. pepper. I'll keep up the fast food fasting though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. day 5...i need grease, precious greeeaaaaase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't started feeling any better in fact I feel far more sluggish, this diet sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cheated today, sorta. I got me some Steak and Shake, which I consider too expensive to really count as "real" fast food, so it was only a small cheat.

    and this headache, still won't go away. I need whatever drug Taco Bell was putting into their meat.

    ReplyDelete