Archive

4.26.2009

Today's Music Q&A

Q: for: Michael Jackson,

What does "Shah-Mogh" mean?


A: "Well I'm glad you ask, Brett. It's a word I made up one day while I was climbing the dreaming tree. It has many different meanings. It comes from the soul and expresses the power and history and suppression of my people. Sometimes it means "SOME MORE! WOO!" as in, I need some more loving. Or "I need more bass in the left monitor." Other times it could mean "Coome OooN!" I use it that way when I'm wearing leather pants and I'm like, "beat it, the chid is not my son. Shah-Mogh!" or when I see the things that we do to the environment, it's like, "Ca'Mooohn! Mmph!"
It's also a word of liberation and freedom. Freedom from the system and recording contracts, like when Free Willy tries to escape Sea World by jumping over that kid so he can be with his own kind in the sea. Or freedom from persistent women like Diana and Billie Jean, or other various pretty young things who won't stop trying to make me their baby daddy.
Another important aspect of the word is its power to keep Paul McCartney out of my recording studio. "Paul, stay the hell out of my recording studio. Your music sucks. SHAH-MOGH!" Then I point a sparkly-gloved finger sending my magical, moonwalker vibes in his direction.
I can't even begin to tell you the countless volumes he would stuff in my mailbox, endless proposals for new duets between us. But there you have it, anyway, the story behind sha-mogh. I hope it brings a little magic into your own life and vocabulary. Eeeeh-Heee!"

Q: for: James Taylor,

Why do you randomly show up at the end of Steve Winwood's "Back in the High Life"?

A: "I don't know. But I made more money singing those five words than you will in your entire life. Peace out, holmes."

No comments:

Post a Comment