Archive

10.20.2004

Congratulations Red Sox!

Amazing, is all I can say. After losing game three I was surprised at how optimistic FOX Announcer Tony Gwynn was in his post game analysis. All but the most die hard of Sox fans had accepted the inevitable and said their goodbyes. I remember Tony saying that it wasn't over yet and that this team has what it takes to make it. You really do have to credit this Sox team for being able to stay focused through four games to make this comeback.
And the icing on the cake...The Yankees lost. Hooray, the evil empire is destroyed, yub nub! The third death star has been destroyed and the ewoks rejoice! Hey, I wouldn't rub it in, but the yanks fans brought it upon themselves with the "who's your daddy?" chant. They're just jealous of Pedro's midget.
The Yankee's grand 'melt down' also helps to downplay the Cubs meltdown from last season, we had Bartman as an excuse, what do the Yanks have? Tom Gordon?
I'm not a Red Sox fan but as a Cubs fan I feel as though the two team's histories of losing almost tie them together. Deep inside we Cub fans are given a glimmer of hope for next season, if they can do it, just maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment