Archive

1.21.2005

The chance of a lifetime!

I apologize if I seem to harsh with this one but I need to vent my hatred somehow. Yes, it all began when I was invited to stay at "the Holgate's" house for Thanksgiving break. You may be wondering, as I still am, who the crap? So, since I had absolutely nowhere else to rot for break , I gave in and accepted the invitation. The anticipation builds and two days before Thanksgiving, Vanessa the ( significant other), and I make the miserable journey up to Carlsbad, CA. Now I didn't think Carlsbad was cool until I learned that Tony Hawk lived half a block from the Holgate's. The word stalker, passed through my brain. The wheel started to turn and I began to envision myself as splinter cell for the next few days. The only time I could get away from the family games of candy land and chutes and ladders was about eight,when geezer Frank went to bed. I still remember as I approached Mr. Hawk's well hidden house near the lagoon. The night was cool and blood was rushing through my veins. I just couldn't believe it. Of all people, I got to be Tony's stalker. His house somehow made me feel like I was in heaven. Well, I wish I could say that there is more to this story but unfortunately that's all that happenned. I never saw the dang man and his famiy. I thought about hopping his fence more than once but I just decided to camp out on his private beach instead. How daring! Annnyway, transitioning back to Mr. Holgate. You may ask who is the freak? He used to film movies like Operation Dumbo Drop and Lethal Weapon. So me, on the lookout for a summer job made a mistake and asked him if he had any work for me. Could I be the next Frank Hoklgate? Maybe just maybe, could I become a star? And then, in a split second my hopes were dashed. He wrote me a crappy email that he made up on the spot. He is like 71 though so his vision is probably starting to go. He had my future in his hands and stuck it up his woot. I could go on and on about the dirty rat but I am restraining myself. I'd like to say thanks to Frank for making this story possible and his daughter for um nothing. Next week, read about my time with Dr. Jeremiah and ??

No comments:

Post a Comment