Archive

12.31.2004

New Year 2005

New Year! New Year! Come on everybody (a-w00t w00t) ride the train, let the good times roll, rock the casbah and party like it's 1999. We are now officially into the future, TWO THOUSAND AND FIVE! Now that's what I call a year! A rinka dinka doo!
It's 12:09 in the AM and I am typing on my computer. Yessss, that is right, I had to pretend like I was kissing the girl of my fancy when it finally reached midnight. BUT At least I have television, sweeet, sweet telly. And lemonade. And no, that's not Mike's Hard. Anyway, here are my new year's resolutions...

1. make more friends so next year I WON'T BE ON THE *@#)$*(U^#$ COMPUTER!!!
2. learn some spanish
3. start using my weight set
4. go on at least one date with a girl that's not related to me
5. sit through an entire Bond film
6. renew my unitarian priesthood license
7.
get the band Naked Eyes to reunite
8. demand a ransom of one MILLION dollars!
9. eat less taco bell
10. become the best guitarist in Towanda
11.
marry Brooke Burke

Anyway, it was "a pretty good year", as the chairman of the board once crooned it. A lot happened but I really don't remember any of it. That's one thing I'd like to change about next year, I mean, why shouldn't I be able to remember what happened two days ago, there has to be a pill for that right? I think every day should be memorable. Why shouldn't I make a wish, take chance, make a change and breeeaaaaakaaaaawaaaaay! er uh...I think it just takes a little effort. Just force yourself to do something you've never done, like eating at Hardee's or wearing velcrow shoes.
I'm very excited about 2005. It'll be interesting to
see how things develop around the world and in Iraq and such over the course of the year. I'm also pretty "stoked and amped" about all the great movies that are coming out - Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Revenge of the Sith. AND AND let's not forget that there's a new Dave Matthews studio album coming out. And the Cubs start a new season of disappointment! But I wouldn't have it any other way of course. It's just always exciting to see what the next year has in store. It seems like only yesterday when it was turning 2004, I was so much sweeter and innocent then, the year corrupted me! Like the ring of power! This Lord of the Rings quote doesn't really apply to anything but "if you don't kick your feet Frodo, you never know where the wind may carry you". So uh, kick your feet or else you'll get stabbed by a hobbit. Just some words of wisdom from Bilbo Baggins.
WELL GOLLY JEEPERS I LOVE NEW YEARS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment