Archive

4.26.2005

Yessums, Not Much at All...

I was mowing my grandparent's lawn today and I saw a squirrel crossing the road out of the corner of my eye. I noticed it was carrying something large. My car was parked by the sidewalk and the squirrel had run underneath, so I stood for a bit waiting for it to come out, eventually it did and started lightly prancing toward the tree. I still couldn’t figure out what in the world it was carrying in it’s mouth, I thought maybe it was a huge acorn, then I thought maybe it was some new carnivorous species of squirrel. Holy crap, it’s dragging the dead carcass up the tree!!! So I start chasing after it, it stares back at me, I look a little closer and notice a baby squirrel is holding onto it’s mother’s neck riding on her underside! I didn’t even know squirrels did that. I thought only monkeys babies road on their parents. Apparently I'mm wrong. It's just I’ve certainly never seen that before, ever. Anyway, it was cute, a little too cute.

On a more depressing note. Last night I downloaded the “Zapruder” Kennedy Assassination footage. I had seen it once before on a documentary, but it's just as bad every time you see it, it's so eerie. It’s easily one of the most horrific things ever caught on film. The footage I found starts just after the first shot which goes through his neck I think and then hits Govenor Connally. Kennedy holds his neck and motions and if he’s coughing, then a few frames of footage pass and bam, the second deadly shot, the images are really terrifying. I always find it ironic how after he was shot the first time, he should have slumped forward, but was wearing a brace because of back problems, which kept him upright for the second shot. Unbelieveable.

And also, congratulations to me, hooray, a thousand posts! Or something close to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment