Archive

10.11.2005

Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Well I finally saw one of the three movies out now that I wanted to, Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit. The other two being Corpse Bride and Serenity. I've been a big fan of all the W&G movies, especially "The Wrong Trousers" which featured the hilarious evil penguin, so of course I was excited for this new one (even though I only recently knew it was coming out)...This one has Wallace and his faithful (and probably more intelligent) dog Gromit in the pest control business, protecting their neighbor's prized crops from the rabbits who are growing out of control. So Wallace decides to try and brainwash the rabbits into not liking vegetables, but something goes terribly wrong, thus creating the were-rabbit, who starts terrorizing the neighborhood.
I don't really feel like analyzing this in depth, because I've been writing all night, but I will say that you guys need to go see it, it 's a lot of fun and filled with some great laughs, relying on story driven and subtle humor as opposed to a lot of other animated films whos humor has become very formulaic. It keeps up a good fun pace, has interesting characters and is beautifully done, the visuals are outstanding and deserve a big thumbs up.
So yeah, go see it sometime, or definitely check it out when it's on video.8.65/10 Cracklin' Toasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment