Archive

12.30.2005

Visit Sunny Florida: We'll Stare at Ya!

Here are some truly exciting photos from my recent vacation with the parents down in overcast Florida. It was a good time, lots of eating, lots of sleeping. Now sit back and share in my exitement as I share with you just a small taste of the expansive photo record of the many beach dwelling species of Florida bird...
here I is, enjoying "downtown" Disney with the great emancipator himself: Abraham Lincoln, who (apparently) is too cool for New Salem.
The amazing 'brown dancing bird', I wanted to capture one but I just didn't have the heart to cage him and and make him dance for my pleasure, hours on end until his tiny bird legs collapse.
I call this one "I'm about to kick the bird into the ocean"
Aaawww, more peaceful birds! Ca-caw! Ca-Caw! TOOKIE TOOKIE!!!!!!


Oh CRAP. RUN.
Here's my favorite, it's very impressionisticly depressing.
The fabulous OUTRIGGER beach resort! Home of suburban swingers for over fifty years!
Our hotel room, recently and surperbly cleaned by one of the many Dominicanos.
^Enlarged for your desktop wallpapering pleasure.
This was about as sunny as it got...but then I remembered how FREAKING COLD it is here, and I was fine.

These birds were planning their break in for later that night. They were positive little timmy had more french fries.
It's so cute, they think I don't know what they're up to.
Very national-geographic-ish.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
And for your bonus pleasure...Another LIST!!!

According to Clint, there was no "pop" music in the 90's, so this is the Top 15 'Best Songs Constantly Played on the Radio During the 90's' list...

1. One - U2 (1991)
2. Get What You Give - New Radicals (1998)
3. Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve (1997)
4. Iris - Goo Goo Dolls (1998)
5. 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins (1995)
6. Wonderwall - Oasis (1995)
7. Kiss From a Rose - Seal (1994)
8. I Don't Wanna Wait - Paula Cole (1996)

9. Walking in Memphis - Marc Cohn (1991)
10.
Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers (1991)
11. Desert Rose - Sting (1999)
12. Ironic - Alanis Morissette (1995)
13. Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews Band (1996)
14.
Ray of Light - Madonna (1998)
15. No Rain - Blind Melon (1992)

Aaaand that's it. If you want me to explain my choices, just send cash or check for $25.00 payable to whosinthenews and you will recieve a nifty two page booklet in 2-8 weeks. Goodnight kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment